This red veggie is usually put in salads, but not many people know how nutritious they are.
They are definitely an acquired taste, however, the health benefits are well worth it! I happen to like the taste of them and put them in my “green” vegetable juices with spinach, ginger, celery, and cucumber.
Beets can help things like your liver, colon, and vision, while also providing your body with enough energy for the day. This vegetable contains rare things like betamine that help soothe and calm your nerves and relieve stress.
The anti-inflammatory properties of beets and their high antioxidant content can fight free radicals in your body and improve your overall health. Here’s how to prepare a healthy beetroot salad you can eat any day:
- 3 organic beets
- 2 organic onions
- 1 teaspoon organic extra virgin olive oil (we recommend this)
- 1 teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar (we recommend this)
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt (we recommend this)
- Peel the beets and cook them in water with a pinch of salt, then chop them into small slices and put them in a bowl.
- Next, chop the onion and mix it with the beets, then add some olive oil and vinegar and season with salt to taste.
- Sprinkle the salad with a vinaigrette and let it sit for an hour.
This highly nutritious beet salad will clean your colon and liver and can improve your eyesight as well. It will also do much more for your health, so we suggest eating some of it every day for seven days in a row.