I have tried every trick in the book to boil an egg so that the shell doesn’t stick to the egg, creating a mess upon the peeling process. This is the first thing that seems to work!
And if you’re into fitness, they are essential to your diet to build and repair your muscles.
Well, this amazing trick that will make your life so much easier. Next time you boil some eggs simply add a teaspoon of baking soda while they’re cooking.
Older eggs are more alkaline so that you can peel them more easily and fresh eggs are the real opposite; they’re less alkaline, so they cause more problems when it comes to removing their shell. Baking soda will increase the alkalinity, and you’ll be able to peel them without any problems.
One boiled egg is loaded with essential vitamins and minerals such as potassium, iron, zinc, vitamin E, and folate. With 6.29 grams of protein, a hard-boiled egg is a whole food that can refuel your body and help control hunger.
Here are some more tricks for the perfect boiled eggs:
- If you don’t know how old the eggs are, try this trick: put them in some water and observe their behavior. If they sink on the side (horizontally), then they’re very fresh. If they sink but stand vertically, then they’re perfect for cooking. Eggs that come up to the surface are old.
- Heating the eggs before you put them in hot water is a good trick against cracking. You can do that in two ways: take them out of the fridge and leave them to reach room temperature or leave them in hot tap water for several minutes. Namely, an extreme change of the temperature is the main cause that causes the egg shell to crack during the process of cooking.
- If you want to get hard boiled eggs, it would be the best to put them in some cold water and then start to boil them. Then, they have the least chance to crack.
- If you want eggs with a soft yolk, then you should dip them in hot water using a tablespoon and measure the time. Depending on the size of the egg, you’ll need about 3 minutes.
- Make sure that all the eggs are covered with water when you cook them because they won’t be cooked evenly. Also, if you boil them too much, the egg yolk will become greenish in color, and the egg white will be similar to gum.
- After the boiling, add the eggs into cold water. It can also be hot water, but you have to put several ice cubes in it. That will contribute to peeling them easily.
- If you want to get an omelet in a shell, they shake the egg well before you decide to cook it. This method is also called “golden egg” because the inner side is pretty yellow in color.